Home Title Lock
Privacy and Security Policy
Title Lock Corporation d/b/a Home Title Lock (“Home Title Lock” or “we” or “us” or “our”) understands the importance of privacy to its customers, and we are committed to protecting and safeguarding personal information that you may provide to us.
Types of Personal Information We Collect
When you access and use our services and/or website, we collect a variety of information, including:
- Information you may provide about yourself, such as your first and last name, phone number, email address, mailing address and real property address to monitor.
- Financial information when you purchase our services, such as your credit/debit card number, expiration date, security code and billing zip code associated with your card.
- Certain demographic information such as age, gender, and income level.
- Information about your unique browser, device identifier, or Internet Protocol (IP) address, as well as your modem speed and type of operating system used and pages viewed when you visit and browse our website.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect your personal information in different ways when you access various parts of the out website and services. We collect information from you in the following ways:
- When you voluntarily provide it to us when you elect to send us a message using our website.
- When you sign up to use our services.
- When you call our call center and provide information to us.
- Our website site server automatically records visitor information based on your activity on our website.
- When you participate in our surveys, usability studies, contests, and other programs.
- When you use our services, your computer or other electronic device communicates a variety of information to computer servers, including the existence of cookies, your IP address, and information about your browser program.
How We Use Personal Information
We generally use the information collected from you to create your account and provide you the services you purchase from us. We additionally use the information collected from you to communicate with you and respond to your questions and generally to operate our website. Once you provide us with contact information through our website, we may send you a confirmation e-mail to let you know that your information was received successfully. We may use this information to respond to your requests and present you with advertising that we believe will be of interest or useful to you. We can correspond with you by electronic mail or by telephone, depending upon your preference as stated to us. We may use your e-mail address to enhance our customer service experience in using our services, and to notify you if our website is unavailable. If you do not wish to receive e-mails from us, please contact us to have your e-mail account removed from your records.
We may periodically conduct surveys, usability studies, contests and other programs that help us improve and promote our services. We do not share information you provide when participating in our voluntary programs with any sponsor or third party without your consent.
We may use information about user behavior, user experience, user equipment, computing and Internet environment to improve the performance of our website.
If you communicate directly with us by email, phone, or letter, we may collect and store a record of your communication. We may use information you provide during your communication with us to respond to your issues and inquiries. Calls to our call center may be recorded or monitored for quality assurance and customer service purposes.
With Whom We May Share Personal Information
We generally do not share, rent, lease or sell your personal information to third parties. However, we may share your information:
- With our affiliates who sell our services to enable them to contact you regarding our services.
- When you consent or direct us to do so.
- With our employees and other service providers as necessary to perform our services to you.
- If required to do so by law or if we have a good-faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with legal process, (b) respond to any claims against us or protect our rights or property, or (c) protect the rights, property or personal safety our employees, customers or the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To a successor entity if we become subject to a corporate merger, corporate acquisition, or similar transaction involving the sale or combination of substantially all of our assets.
How We Protect Personal Information
The security of your personal information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. We take precautions to ensure that our visitors’ personal information is secured and we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, but we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We use a variety of industry-standard technical, contractual, administrative and physical security measures and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, to maintain data accuracy and to enable the correct use of information. Unless otherwise provided, we restrict access to personal information to those employees who need access to perform their job functions. Please note that despite our best efforts, no one can guarantee the security of personal information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of personal information at any time.
How Long We Retain Personal Information
Your Personal Information Protection Rights and Choices
You have the following rights in relation to our processing of your personal information. Please note that these rights are not absolute, and we may refuse requests where exceptions apply.
You have the right to:
- To obtain access to, and copies of, the personal information that we hold about you;
- To require us to correct the personal information we hold about you if it is incorrect;
- To require us to delete or restrict your personal information in certain circumstances (e.g., if we are using your personal information on the basis of your consent and have no other legal basis to use such, you may request your personal information be deleted when you withdraw your consent);
- To require us to restrict our information processing activities in certain circumstances;
- Select whether we share your personal information with third parties by or change your selection by e-mailing us at email@example.com and placing “share” or “do-not-share” in the subject line (please include your full name);
- To object to any of our particular processing activities of your personal information;
- To receive from us the personal information we hold about you, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal information to another data controller;
- Where our processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal information, you can make a complaint to a data protection supervisory authority in the US or EU, as applicable, including the data protection regulator in the EU country where you are located; and
- To request that we restrict the processing of your personal information pending our investigation and/or verification of your claim, if you believe your personal information is inaccurate, no longer necessary for our business purposes, or if you object to our processing of your personal information.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights described above, or submit a complaint on how we have handled your personal information, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 858-939-9300.
You also have choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information:
- You may manage your registration information at any time by visiting and logging into our website using your account log in information;
- You may opt-out of receiving e-mails or newsletters and other offers by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our e-mails or newsletters; and
- You may be able to configure your browser to reject cookies, but doing so will limit the functionality and negatively impact your experience using our services.
California Residents Privacy Rights
Visiting Our Websites or Using Our Services from Outside the United States
Users of Our Websites or Services from the European Union (“EU”)
If your personal information is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), in the course of providing our websites or our services to you, we may transfer your personal information outside of the EU, principally to our servers in the United States; this means that your personal information will not have the automatic protection of European information protection laws (including the GDPR) which apply in the EU. In these circumstances, in order to ensure that your personal information continues to have adequate protection when it is transferred outside the EU, your personal information will only be transferred on one of the following bases:
- Where the transfer is subject to one or more of the appropriate safeguards for international transfers prescribed by applicable law (for example, standard information protection clauses adopted by the European Commission);
- A European Commission decision provides that the country or territory to which the transfer is made ensures an adequate level of protection; or
- There exists another situation where the transfer is permitted under applicable law (for example, where we have your explicit consent).
You can obtain more details of the protection given to your personal information when it is transferred outside the EU by contacting us using the details set out below.
Children Under The Age 13
We do not knowingly collect information from individuals under 13 years of age. Our services are not designed to attract the attention of persons under the age of 13. If you are under 13, you should not use or provide any personal information on the website. We will not knowingly disclose any information of children under thirteen to any third party. If we learn that personal information of children under 13 years of age has been collected on or through our services, we will take the appropriate steps to delete such personal information. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 years of age who has used our services, please contact us by email at email@example.com to have your child’s transactions terminated and personal information deleted. .
Third Party Websites
Attention: Privacy Officer
2766 N University Drive
Coral Springs, FL 33065
We will attend to your questions, concerns, or instructions promptly.
Last Updated: September 25, 2020